Sunday, January 4, 2009

CCLS 23 Things #12: social bookmarking

I created a delicious account and imported my Firefox bookmarks. I was amazed to find that there were 520 of them. I know that many are now broken links, but I'll never find the time to check them all. It would be great if delicious had a utility that would take care of this task, and alert the user when links are no longer valid.

Since I am accustomed to having my bookmarks organized into folders, the delicious tagging system seems like a step backwards. But if I got used to tagging each bookmark, I can see that it would be useful.

It's interesting to see bookmarks tagged by other users with a given tag. I found several good Russian-English dictionaries that I was not aware of by using the Explore function under Tags.

No comments: